Community Performing Arts Grant
How to Apply
The Community Performing Arts Grant is dependent on private sector
philanthropy. All funds disbursed in the program are donated
specifically for this purpose. Once funding has been secured for the
next round of grants for the 2013-2014 season, we will announce dates
and procedures for organizations to apply.
For your information, last year's grant guidelines are provided below.
At A Glance
For eligible applicants, the cost of labour will be discounted by 52% to 90% up to a maximum value of $2,600 per booking. See program guidelines for details.
In order to be eligible for funding under this program, an organization must:
- have presented a public, ticketed event within Brant County and/or Brantford within the previous two calendar years
- operate as either a non-profit or registered charitable organization
- present the proposed event at the Sanderson Centre within the following programming season (September – July)
Frequently Asked Questions
- I present multiple events in a season. Can I receive funding for each of them?
- Do I need to confirm our booking before the grants are awarded?
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Acrobat Reader plugin to your browser.
Please download your program guidelines and application forms here. Print versions of the package are also available at the box office. Box office hours are Monday to Saturday 12pm-5pm.
"We have an opportunity with this pilot program to demonstrate the
power of partnerships. In this case the private sector, not-for-profits
and the Sanderson Centre are working together towards a common goal, to
put local productions and local talent on our theatre's stage. As the
Sanderson Centre approaches it's 100th Anniversary, this is a great time
to think long term. I’m excited at the prospect of what we can learn
from this project and how it can be applied to create a permanent and
lasting fund, organization or partnership to continue this work well
into our next 100 years." - Board Chair Kevin Magee